Loveland Opera Theatre is holding auditions for all principal roles for its October 2021 Colorado Premiere of Pauline Viardot’s Cendrillon (Cinderella).The roles being cast are:
- Cendrillon, soprano
- La Fée (Fairy Godmother), coloratura soprano
- Prince Charming, tenor
- Comte Barigoule (First Chamberlain to the Prince), tenor
- Baron de Pictordu (Stepfather), baritone or bass-baritone
- Maguelonne (Stepsister), soprano
- Amelinde (Stepsister), mezzo-soprano
First RoundThe first round of auditions is through video submission only. All submissions should have been recorded within the last six months. All selections should be recorded or edited into one video. All video submissions must be uploaded by midnight (MT) on Sunday, May 2, 2021.
- Please prepare and record two pieces with the following specifications:
- One aria or art song in English, French, German, or Italian.
- One aria, art song, or musical theater selection that must be in English.
- Place both selections in one video and at the beginning of the video, state your full name, and the name of the pieces you are singing.
- Fill out the Audition Form.
- Please submit your audition video along with a digital resume and headshot as one document in pdf format and your Audition form in PDF format.
Socially-Distanced, in-person callbacks will be held on the weekend of June 5-6, 2021 at a place to be determined. Singers will be notified.
Loveland Opera Theatre is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion. As such, we encourage performers of all races and ethnicities, sexualities, and abilities to audition for us.
Eligibility & Compensation
Loveland Opera Theatre is a non-union house that compensates all principal performers. We prefer to showcase the talent of Colorado and do not provide housing or travel from other states.
Rehearsals will take place during the period of August 29 – October 21, 2021. Performances will take place on the weekends of October 22-24, 2021, and October 29-31, 2021. We are also planning a Livestream daytime performance for schools sometime during the week of October 25-28, 2021. Strict COVID protocols will be followed for in-person auditions and rehearsals/performances to keep our performers and audience safe.